Tuesday, August 27, 2019

My Mokomoko Art






My Mokomoko Art
Name for the Mokomoko: Māori Matarehu. The reason why I have chosen that name because it sounded cool like Atua Tawhirimatea(s) name.

WALT: I know why being a kaitiaki is so important to me.

Some time last term, we did an art about our Mokomoko and Tuatara with our reliever Whaea Ariana. She did the shape of a Mokomoko while we did the colouring in.

For my art I used green because of Papa-Tu-a-nuku and also I used blue because of Tangaroa. In other bits of my art I used black and red because of Tumatauenga (the red I used was fierce like Tumatauenga). In some places I used orange and yellow to make the mokomoko look like Ruaumoko and Haumiatiketike.

With the black and red for the background I tried to make it look like our Haki Tinorangatiratanga. When we did it, not everyone was finished in the first go, because everyone takes their time to colour because they don’t want to be rushed. But this term everyone was able to finish! I thought everyone did awesome!

Whaea Ariana drew it and I (Leon) coloured it in.





No comments:

Post a Comment